PostDoc in MARUM
The DFG Research Center MARUM at the University of Bremen, Germany, will be filling a Post-Doc position in the area of coastal marine geosciences.
We are searching for an enthusiastic and dynamic young researcher who develops his/her research program in the framework of the MARUM Research
Area/Sediment Dynamics(SD) in the Project SD1: “Bridging scales: From small scale morphological and sedimentological features to coastal and shelf systems”. Based on in-situ lander- and ship-based field surveys and applied numerical modelling the project focuses on coastal hydrodynamics, transport processes and morphodynamics on various scales: from the formation of patterns in bed morphology and suspended sediments, to the role of bedforms in the dynamics of coastal systems.
- Completed doctoral degree, preferentially in Physics, Physical Oceanography, Earth Sciences, Coastal Engineering or Geosciences, or closely related fields.
- Experience with practical marine field work (intertidal area,shallow water) and/or numerical modelling of shallow water processes and/or laboratory flume experiments.
- Strong mathematical background.
- Skills in scientific computing (in Fortran or MATLAB) and visualizing numerical model output (e.g. using MATLAB, GMT, GIS).
- Skills in scientific writing and good publication record.
- Applicants should have excellent English language skills and enjoy working in an international and interdisciplinary team.
The position is limited to a term of up to 2 years and funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG). Salary and benefits are commensurate with the federal German employee scale TV-L 13.
Applications should be compiled in a single pdf document and should include :
- a short CV
- a list of publications
- a statement describing proposed research
- a summary of the applicant’s
- scientific and technical background and how they relate to the position
- contact information for three referees
As the University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of female employees in science, women are particularly encouraged to apply.
In case of equal personal aptitudes and qualification priority will be given to disabled persons.
The call is open until the position is filled, with a possible earliest starting date of 1 November 2012. Applications should be directed electronically with the reference
MARUM SD1 to Christian Winter () or by mail to:
MARUM Center for Marine Environmental Sciences
PD Dr. Christian Winter
Postfach 330 440
D-28334 Bremen, Germany